Summer Retrieve 2019 Outline

Friday, September 6, 2019

Week 3, 1" Retrieve Repeat 9/6/19

Janet & Riley

We are still a bit slow and I'm still using some pressure to get Riley to fetch. I do think she is quicker though. Both Riley and I have improved from the beginning of the week. Her distractions are apple slices and peanut butter.






Jeanne & Sophie

We've still struggled this week, but have improved since last class. I've pushed Sophie off numerous times and placed her back. It does help.

I try not to let her dive, but when she does, I place her back in a sit after she fetches. Her fetches seem quicker. Not necessarily 4 seconds though. And I try to use much less pressure in the ear correction.

I didn't let her behavior get to me. The phone quit during video #2, but I did end with her fetching nicely from a sit. Her distractions are a stick, toy and ball. And, of course, Riley.








4 comments:

  1. BETTER! EXAM is 10 retrieves total. Think both of you are missing a few so we'll do this EXAM again in class tomorrow.

    SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Much better than last week! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. This was a practice for the exam. We were hoping to hear if we were on the right track before doing the exam redo.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.